Gibson Lamb’s purpose is to help our clients understand, protect and increase their assets. To achieve this, we must continue to be (and be seen to be) a well-managed, financially strong organisation which treats its customers fairly through meeting their needs both in the short and long term.
WHO ARE OUR CUSTOMERS?
When our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) refers to Treating Customers Fairly, it is focussing on the “end customer”, therefore our private clients are our customers.
HOW DO WE DEFINE “FAIRNESS”?
People have different views on what is “fair” and this can change with circumstances. It will also change over time. Where appropriate, we may treat some groups or future generations of clients differently from those who purchased our services from us in the past. We have agreed on a set of principles for all of us to follow but with flexibility. This is very much in line with the FCA’s approach. Rather than specifying detailed rules, they too have set out some high level principles supported by guidance and case studies demonstrating good practice.
We will ensure that fair treatment of our clients is at the core of the way in which we run our business. We will do this by:
- Developing and promoting propositions and services which meet the needs of our clients
- Giving high quality financial advice and acting on the client’s behalf at all times
- Providing our clients with clear, timely information and good service throughout our relationship with them
- Ensuring that the behaviour of everyone at Gibson Lamb treats our customers fairly
- Ensuring that everyone at Gibson Lamb has the tools and training to deliver good service to our clients
- Continually measuring and reviewing our performance
We regularly consider all parts of the lifecycle of our relationship with customers including each of the following to an appropriate degree:
- Marketing and promotions
- Sales and advice
- Ongoing servicing
- Complaints handling
If you have any queries or would like any further information about how we make sure that we treat our customers fairly, please do not hesitate to contact us.